Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WHEN THE BELLBIRD SINGS........

When The bellbird sings at dawn... his song brings joy to linger the whole day through.


When we lived in Coromandel, there was one bellbird who visited our garden most mornings. We called him Charlie and he was quite a friendly bird.
Charlie was the inspiration for the design on this etui and is the only time I have designed a bird in cross stitch.
The embroidered birds in my album were all stitched with short straight stitches using one thread of stranded. (floss)
I have posted this design specially for my friend in Germany, who enjoys stitching both flowers and birds.



2 comments:

Chris said...

I have never heard a bellbird but your cross stitch is beautiful. I have to tell you how much I love your header :-) Everytime I log on to your blog it brings a smile :-)

nima said...

wow...beautiful stitching