Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LITTLE IRIS

A walk round the garden this morning, and another small bunch of violets for the kitchen window sill. Found a favourite one "Greyfriars Bobby" growing  far from where the original plant was. This is one of the few remaining ones I have of my Kerry Carman violet collection, its a lovely grey mauve for embroidery friends I would describe it as a  little darker than DMC 3835.
The first of the little lemon Iris are coming into bloom, these are the petite flag iris, the flowers stand about 6-8 inches tall. These came from my mothers garden over 20 years ago and have moved with us every time we moved house.
 I have also been stitching a small iris, this time on a tiny needle keep, it is a design I have used before on a scissor sheath and I was very pleased to have a reason to stitch it again.
Here is the chart for this design and if anyone would like how to make the little needle keep, leave me a message with your email address and I will send you my page of  "how to notes"


1 comment:

Naomi Old said...

The book marks from Romania, embroidered in purple blackwork, are just lovely and delicate. To treasure always.
Having the web sites down the side of your blog Lee are so helpful and some of them are my favourites.eg. justcarol