Thursday, May 25, 2017

BEFORE MAY GOES...........

before May comes to an end I must post the next piece in my Italian collection. This is Punto Madama or Catherine de Medici stitch. It was a challenge as it is similar to Holbein or double running stitch, but watching the videos the stitch movement on the return is quite different making the stitch not flat like Holbein. Usually stitched with a very thick thread on a course loose linen I needed to adapt to  have it fit into my challenge size or approx 10 cm.

I need to do more to get the technique perfected but that chance may come as our guild think they might take up the Italian Challenge next year .
My thanks for the messages it is good to hear from friends, and as much as I think I will get replies written,  time slips by so quickly or is it that I am slowing down as old age approaches! Possibly both. I have started Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler and loving it. Not tackling the full sampler making mine a bell pull and am a late starter ,  here is my progress so far


10 comments:

Diana said...

Lovely colors on the mystery sampler!

Unknown said...

Love your edging on the Punto Madamo Lee. A great start too to your sampler!

Merilde said...

These are both lovely, Lee. I love your Italian Challenge. What a great way to focus on learning new techniques. Lori

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very Pretty Lee. very different.

Rhona said...

Both pieces are lovely! I love the colours on your mystery sampler.

KimM said...

Both are so sweet - lovely, simply lovely. Great idea to do a bell pull!!
xxx

Vickie said...

Such a super idea to make a bell pull Lee.

cucki said...

Wow it's looking so beautiful
I love it x

Annette-California said...

Your Italian piece is lovely. I didn't know there was a Catherine de Medici stitch. Fabulous idea to make a bell pull. Love the colors you've chosen and it's looking beautiful! love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the Linen & Threads SAL. I am not doing this one but if I was, I'd do what you are doing! It's such a huge piece and looks lovely as a bell pull.