Friday, June 9, 2017

SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING NEW

I chose the colours for my sampler with the rich tonings of the drapes in my living room in mind as I planned to make it into a bell pull  to hang in this room. Looking around today I realised the chosen colours are a perfect match for this little chair. The little chair was made in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire England about 120 years ago and has been  in the Westfield family all that time coming out to NZ about 50 years ago.

I am slowing catching up with the sampler parts, although I have yet to finish January, I have completed February and March.  The Facebook group has been great to follow to see everyone's colours and their progress. For more information on the sampler see Linen and Threads home
page here

 

I am off to New Plymouth today to stitch with the Sampler Group so hopefully a days stitching and the part for April will be completed

7 comments:

Diana said...

Pretty colors!

Vickie said...

Oh Lee! Your idea of the bell pull is perfect. The colors you chose are excellent and go perfectly with your heirloom chair. Well done.

cucki said...

Wow love your stitching
It is looking so pretty
Big hugs x

Naomi Old said...


Your stitch along sampler is simply lovely, Lee. What thread count are you using?

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lee the chair is just gorgeous. The colors you picked matched perfectly. So pretty

Annette-California said...

Love your family heirloom chair & your color scheme you selected matches perfectly!
Beautiful progress & great idea to make a bell pull!
love Annette

Merilde said...

Dear Lee, have been thinking about you and hope that you are doing well. Lori