Monday, May 1, 2017

WHERE DID APRIL GO?

Well April came and went before I had time to catch up with it, it did produce along with some extreme storms, a spell of mild sunny weather and in that time no stitching worth mentioning was done, for I took every chance to tackle the fast growing weeds and grasses in my garden. There is always more to be done but I am pleased with what was achieved.

 My March challenge piece  took me a while to complete the border,  here it is my attempt at Byzantine work. The filling is rush stitch which was new to me.  I will post my April piece as soon as I finish the hem.  


 These little chicks were my Easter gift to Finn, I found the pattern on Pinterest the chick bodies were made in one piece that was shaped like a three petal flower, quick and easy to make, and the little ball a good size for little hands, I did not think Chocolate Easter eggs would be a good idea. possibly next year. The girls both got a small basket filled with tiny chocolate eggs with just one chicken on the top.
 


 Have you seen Linen and Threads mystery Sal ? I have just found it and I know I do not need any more starts....... But yes I have started it ! promise photo of my progress when next I post and will try not to leave it so long

 
















 
                                                       

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the chickens Lee. Hope Finn did to.

Unknown said...

Your rush stitch looks good too!

Vickie said...

Your Byzantine work is lovely Lee. :D I love Finn's gift!

Madtatter80 said...

very beautiful work!

Cindy's Stitching said...

All of you pieces are just delightful Lee. The chicks are so cute.

Petal said...

The chicks made me smile, so cute and a acceptable Easter gift rather than chocolate :)

cucki said...

Wow looking so pretty x

shirley flavell said...

Loved your little chicks for Finn. Your Byzantine work is superb.

Annette-California said...

Those little chicks are so sweet & darling! Your Byzantine piece is stunning. Beautiful Lee! love Annette