Monday, June 2, 2014

THE YEARS GO BY

 
 
True friendship is a knot tied by Angels.

Here we are with May gone and now its June. June will bring my fifth bloganniversary...  I have just been looking back over my all past postings, lots of memories there mostly good ones but a few sad ones when I come to something Paul and I did together. I am ever grateful for the friendship and support of my many blogging friends. You continue to leave messages for me even when I don't get to reply to them all, your blogs are my morning reading first up each day as .I eat my bowl of cereal sitting at the computer catching up with everyone's news. 
 
 To celebrate ...five years are certainly worth celebrating, No I am not having a give away I have decided instead to send out five mystery parcels each will be a small embroidered item  there are five Mondays in June so watch my blog each Monday I will announce  to whom I am sent a mystery parcel to. And to make it only five is very hard so I am coming up with some different reasons for each gift. Looking at my list of those who share with me  20 would be a better number, however to be practical I must keep it to five

 
Week one and today is Monday..( drum roll please) the first mystery parcel is to be  sent to the person who left the first comment ever on my blog, way back 5 years ago and that was  Beaj in Canada.  Your little parcel will be on its way to you when the post office opens tomorrow, it is a holiday Monday here in NZ and. I hope your little parcel does not take too long to travel across the seas to you.
 
I have no stitching to share at the moment I have had a busy few weeks as we prepared to celebrate our Church's 150 Years Anniversary, we had a wonderful day yesterday bright and sunny which added to the welcome, the service started with the bagpipes together the pipe organ in the tune Amazing Grace, and following the service we sat down to  share together a meal and time to recall the past. I now look forward to a quiet week with lots of stitching.
 
Back in a weeks time, to share my stitching and to tell of the next mystery parcel.

19 comments:

Annette-California said...

Wow 5 years blogging! Congratulations Lee! Thank you sharing all your beautiful needlework with us. I've learned so much from you. WooHooo to sweet Bea! Glad to hear your church's 150 celebration went well. Love Annette

Rowyn said...

Congrats on 5 years of blogging.

Mouse said...

congratulations on the bloggaversary :)
I love to see what you have been up too and your wee gifts will be extra special as they are sent with love too ....My wee heart hangs proudly in my room where I can see it every day :)
here's to many more blogging years :) love mouse xxxxxx

Pull the other thread said...

Congrats on 5 years blogging. What a lovy way to celebrate it :)

cucki said...

Congrats my dear...I am so happy for you :)
Thank you sharing all your beautiful needlework with us. We all have learned so much from you..
Big hugs xxx

Rhona said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary. What a great way to celebrate

KimM said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary. This is a touching way to celebrate. Thank you for sharing your talents.
xxx

Vickie said...

Congratulations Lee. Always beautiful to visit here. :)
What a wonderful celebration at church. I love the bagpipes. Especially Amazing Grace.

gracie said...

First of all, congratulations on your 5th anniversary. What a great idea for the mystery gifts....good luck to all.

Lynn B said...

Congratulations on five years of blogging. Such a wonderful idea to choose your recipients in a special way, knowing personally how beautiful your stitching actually is will be a real treat for the people chosen.

Lynn B said...

Congratulations on five years of blogging. Such a wonderful idea to choose your recipients in a special way, knowing personally how beautiful your stitching actually is will be a real treat for the people chosen.

Unknown said...

Dear Lee, Congratulations on blogging for 5 years! What a sweet way to celebrate. Your stitching always leaves me awestruck!
Lori

Annie said...

Congrats on the 5 year milestone. And 150 years! That's quite the milestone as well!

shirley flavell said...

Congratulations on 5 years of blogging. A great idea for your gift sharing and such fun. I too have gained knowledge of embroidery and designs from your blog and thank you for that Take care and best wishes. Shirley

Carol said...

I guess you started blogging right after I did, Lee! It is hard to believe so many years have flitted by, isn't it? I do hope you continue to blog for years to come--your work is so special :)

Anne said...

Happy blogoversary Lee!! I'm glad you starting blogging and sharing your passion for embroidery. I love visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful creations and reading your musings :D

Karoline said...

Congratulations on five years of blogging. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us.

Catherine said...

Congrats on five years!! I may not always get to comment, but I always love to see what you have been up to! Love how you decided to celebrate ~ and I know whatever you send, you will be sending treasures and creating smiles!

Beaj said...

Hi Lee,
Congratulations on your 5th. Anniversary.
On a sunny day..one of very few we have had so far I also got to enjoy a wonderful surprise in the
mail today.
It was such a treat to receive that gorgeous book you made for me. I love it and marvel at how your stitching and finishing is just so beautifully done. The booklet included has a few ideas I will have to try.
Thanks again...nice to hear your feeling better.
Bea...Beaj