Friday, August 15, 2014

TIME FOR IHSW AGAIN




How quickly the months go round and this weekend will be IHSW, I hope this time to make a better effort, last month's was disaster  although I had great plans not a stitch was done. I have been working on some blackwork which will form the background for a design, here it is with my progress to date.

Hopefully over the weekend  would like to complete the left side., the unusual shape is because when finished it will cover a heart shaped piece of cardboard... more about this later. Yes I have finally got round to stitching on sacking that is 28 count linen and I am using white coton a broder 35 for the stitching with petite white beads in the centres of the chain stitches. I am also working on another piece that also calls for no colour decisions. Started some years ago and put aside when more interesting things came along, it is intended as a cushion cover

I am at present working on the motifs that are filled with four sided stitch over 2 threads, there are 49 of these motifs and starting at the beginning of this month my plan was to stitch one motif a day however I am a little behind on my intentions, so I better stop typing and head off to a comfortable chair by the fire and start stitching
Will be back after the weekend to report my progress.

10 comments:

Annette-California said...

These pieces your stitching are incredible. This type of stitching is new to me and WOW your work is gorgeous. love Annette

Thoeria said...

That second piece of yours has me intrigued! What kind of stitching is this? I'm not sure if it's hardanger or not. It is really really beautiful :)

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful *•*

Pull the other thread said...

Stunning progress on both of these, just wonderful.

Merilde said...

Your stitching is incredible, Lee. These pieces are already stunning. Anxious to see the finished results!
Lori

Vickie said...

Your works are lovely Lee. I am glad the 28ct is working for your eyes.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW--absolutely beautiful--that's the beginning of a heirloom

gracie said...

Your stitching is beautiful as always....

KimM said...

Holy Toledo! Absolutely spectacular!!
hugs
xxx

Karoline said...

Both projects are gorgeous