Monday, December 28, 2009

SISTER'S SHARE......

We are home again after a wonderful 11day holiday at Napier with my sister, Joan and Denis her husband. It was great sharing all that time with them, and being very spoilt, relaxing and all meals prepared for us along with good weather and I even managed to do some stitching.

I took over Joan's birthday sampler and as it is now hanging on her wall I can share it with everyone. . Stitched on 40 count permin linen, mainly with Maderia Silk threads and some DMC stranded, it is the largest sampler I have done.


The pattern at the top and the bottom of the sampler are original, designed specially for the sampler and
I stitches bands from some of my favourite designs and embroidery techniques making it a one only sampler



Sister's share childhood memories and grown up dreams

6 comments:

Rowyn said...

That is a very beautiful sampler!

Nima said...

OMG...that looks gorgeous...pretty colour and beautiful finishing

Carol said...

Oh, it is just stunning, Lee. I know your sister will treasure it! A true labor of love :)

Joan said...

I am very lucky to have this truly beautiful piece of embroidery as a gift from my sister

Annie said...

What a gorgeous sampler. Great gift for your sister. It's nice that you are so close.

Chrissie said...

The samplar is truly beautiful, Lee. I always think that handcrafted presents like this become family heirlooms :-). Thanks for your comment on my blog, I love the expression 'take time to smell the daisies'. I certainly shall and hopefully I will have time to photograph them too :-) Happy New Year to you all.