Saturday, January 20, 2018

ANOTHER ITALIAN PIECE

My next Italian embroidery that I finished was this piece of Casalguidi, the design was adapted from one in Effie Mitrofanis' book Casalguidi Style linen  Embroidery, it is an excellent book and she is an excellent tutor I have done workshops with her on this work on several occasions the first being in 1996.  Casalguidi is a traditional embroidery that lends itself well to modern interpretations.  My favourite piece is my dandelion pocket, which is showing its age ... stitched about 20 years ago.
The guild here started the Italian  embroidery collection last week and hopefully that will prompt me to finish my pieces to date I have shared only seven, two more are well on their way to be completed

Jan and family have arrived home from their holiday in the South Island and brought me a Dodoland kit for  a fantail. It took no time to make up and is on the table by my stitching  chair. It is really very lifelike for a cardboard model.
It is another cool damp day here ... great for stitching, and i hope by next time I post to share my adaption of linen and Stitches 2018 sampler.


7 comments:

Beth said...

Lee you do the most amazing work! I am in awe!

gracie said...

As usual your work is exquisite....you are so talented. I love your little bird.

Kate said...

Beautiful pieces!

Vickie said...

Wow! This is so lovely. The colors are gorgeous. What a sweet little bird you created too.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Your work is gorgeous. Love the colors

Madtatter80 said...

I love everything you make you have such a good eye and golden hands😄🌹💖

cocoya said...

Wow! This is so lovely. The colors are gorgeous. What a sweet little bird you created too.

ทางเข้า D2BET
Gclub