Wednesday, February 15, 2017

MY ITALIAN LOVE AFFAIR

My Italian love affair started many many years ago,  that is my love of the different Italian Embroidery techniques,  although over the years I have stitch several there are many I have not had the opportunity to stitch. So I have made it my personal challenge this year to each month stitch a small coaster size mat in a different Italian technique.
January's mat is in Assisi embroidery, I love the fresh look of voided work, and I have stitched it many different times, this time I wanted to achieve a perfect rolled hem. I have stitched on 40 count permit linen, stitching over three fabric threads with one strand of DMC 502 sage green, outlined in black and edged with Italian four sided stitch ( which is reversible)  As a mat is not mounted I wanted to have a back view which I would be proud of. The small mat is 10 centimeters square.


I am now trying to Blog from my iPad , at this stag I find it very limiting hence the short post.
.

7 comments:

gracie said...

Beautifully done.

Elfie said...

Beautiful!

Vickie said...

Very elegant!

Annie said...

I like the look of Assissi style embroidery, but I don't always like doing it. Your piece is lovely!

Naomi Old said...

Lovely work Lee. So enjoy reading your blog and your favourite blog sites.

Merilde said...

This is lovely, Lee. I have done a little bit of Assisi and find it interesting to see the pattern develop. I'm so impressed with you challenging yourself. What a great idea! Lori

Madtatter80 said...

It's beautiful and I too like how you challenge yourself that's being a good example for us all😄💟😄