Thursday, July 21, 2016

SECRET SQUIRREL SHARED

I can now share the secret squirrel project I had been stitching for so long..... Having been asked to design something suitable as thank you gifts I came up with a variation on the scissor case I had made for Coromandel Guild's Anniversary gift.  That was a while ago so here is the photo again.


A pocket at the back for scissors. a matching fob and it also serves as a pinholder with the pearl headed pins round the edge.
The latest ones took some time to stitch the black work background, having finished one I sent it off for approval before completing the rest.

That done, four more were needed..... I was given one skein of thread for each to give me a colour scheme, these had been chosen with the recipient in mind. It was also great having the Bead Hold shop in town as I could take up my work and find just the right beads to fit in, I was also introduced at this stage to using jewellery findings as trims, which I have used since on my fobs. Another useful find was the metal butterflies, these came off earnings from the bargain shop, a $4 pair of earrings gave me 20 butterflies, I bought all they had and will be on the watch for more. The finished hearts.......




Do I have a favorite, I think it was the one I was working on at the time.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lot of work Lee.....but just beautiful all of them. Think my favourite is the first of the new ones as you would probably guess!!

Beth said...

They are all lovely - the blues and greens is my favorite if I had to have a favorite!

CalamityJr said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lee! The butterflies from earrings is such a great idea; you'll have all of us scouting out the mall jewelry shops.

Vickie said...

Oh Lee! Such a lot of work you have put into these! Wow! Exquisite. Just lovely all of them.

gracie said...

You are so amazing

Terri said...

They are all gorgeous!!!

Annette-California said...

Each one is exquisite! Love all the details & beading! love Annette

Von said...

Wow! These gifts are beautiful and the recipients are so lucky to get them!

Merilde said...

Lee, these are exquisite! So lovely. I am always in awe of your creativity.
Lori

shirley flavell said...

They are beautiful. A tremendous treat to receive one of those. Shirley

Diane Lithgow said...

we saw up close photos last night. so wonderful lee. i love the blackwork idea underneath so keen to have a try myself.
diane

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lee the are just amazing. So beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These hearts are so beautiful and each one is unique too.