Tuesday, June 28, 2016

F is for FINN







 We welcomed a new member of the family a week ago, after two granddaughters and an eighteen year gap I now have a grandson, Finn Hagen Westfield, for parents Barryn and Jackie he is their first child. A bit special as it has been 48 years since the last male member of our Westfield family was born and that was Barryn.  Now I know the baby's name I have started stitching an Annie cloth baby blanket first completed letter last night. The alphabet is from a chart that has sat in the stash for many years..a Lorri Bingham Design, Benji Bunny Alphabet.
I will meet our wee man this weekend when they call to collect me and take me throught to Wellington with them for a few days.

My other celebration is my blog anniversary, it is now seven years since notes became shared through a blog previously they had been written for the guild newsletter, starting shortly before we made the move down here to Stratford in 2001. I enjoy very much all your comments on what I share each posting, thank you, and as much as I would like to stitch something for all of you that would take more time than I could possibly find so would you like to go in the draw for this.....

This pretty box is really gold in colour the sheen bounced off the camera hence the pale shade. Inside will be an item stitched specially for the winner of the lucky draw.  To be in the draw leave a comment on this posting and tell me too your favourite colour so I can stitch it in a colour that I know will please the lucky winner.

Thank you all for being my blogging friends

12 comments:

Petal said...

Lee a most excellent reason for 'flying' under the radar. I can see Finn receiving many stitched with love items from Grandma
Congratulations
Any colour, we need Mother Earths palette to celebrate and appreciate the beauty around us :)

Diane Lithgow said...

Really lovely stitching. So much fun for the weekend.
As you know me i love purple and lime green.
Diane

Annie said...

Congrats on the new grandson! I was a huge Lori Birmingham fan back when she was designing. Her children's designs are so adorable. This alphabet is perfect for a baby blanket.

KimM said...

Congratulations on Finn! How exciting. And congratulations on your blogging anniversary. How I'd love to win your gracious giveaway. My favorite color is blue.
xxx

D1-D2 said...

Congratulations! The mouse is adorable by the way.

Vickie said...

Congratulations! How blessed you all are.
My favorite color is of course pink. :D

Merilde said...

Congratulations on your grandson! We love boys. A new baby is always reason for a celebration. Love the blanket you have started - it is going to be adorable. Congratulations also on your anniversary. I would love to be entered into your giveaway. My favorite colors are pink and teal. Thank you. Lori

Madtatter80 said...

Wow love the announcement of the newest member of your family and great reason for the stitching. The box looks white and camera's are silly that way changing the colors you so carefully pick out.
Yes sign me up for the contest if it is not too late :) I have lots of favorite colors blue is nice :)

Annette-California said...

Woohoo!!! Welcome Finn! I'm so happy for you Lee and for all of your family!
Congratulations on 7 years blogging! You have shared so many beautiful projects with us and tutorials as well! I've learned so much from you. Thank you for sharing your gift of needkeworks with us. I would love to be entered for your enticing giveaway! My favorite color Pinks!!! love Annette

Terri said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!

I would dearly LOVE to have a piece stitched by you! Your work is awesome! As far as favorite colors, I love them all, but tend to lean towards pinks and greens.

Fiona Tunner said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Finn very exciting! The stitching is beautiful as always Lee

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the birth of a new grandson. I love autum colours especially orange.