Tuesday, February 24, 2015

IHSW REPORTING IN




I have had a very successful weekend stitching, I wanted to stitch some cross stitch robins from charts I had collected to see which would be the most suitable for a project I have in mind.

This tiny Robin stitched over 1 on Doctor's flannel is from a Cross stitch Crazy magazine's  Robin alphabet, colours have been modified.

 next up a little robin found on Pinterest, stitched in the same colours as the one above and to which I have added the back stitching highlights.


   and I am specially thrilled with this one, designer unknown   and if this does not seem much ....          I have stitched then all twice to see how they look on different coloured linen.

I still need a couple more, My projects are on the theme of the Secret Garden, in which in the book the little Robin featured throughout. I have nearly finished a needlebook and have used all three robins on it, this is for a SAL later in the year so wont be able to share it yet, next up a fabric book, which will be a collection of ideas for a bigger project later.

 Hope everyone else who were hermitting during the weekend had great stitching time.







12 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh so sweet! Yes, I too have been stitching spring.

Joysze said...

Lee, the birds are adorable!!!! :D

Beth said...

Your dear robins bring back pleasant memories of my time in England.

Mary Joan said...

Hi Lee

Just love your robins. The last one might be a Lesley Teare design.

I found this lovely robin freebie design on Borduurbade - http://www.borduurblad.nl/ned/patronen.php
Just scroll down to patroon 28. It might be the wrong size for what you are looking for! Hope you like it.

Happy Stitching

Mary Joan

Carol said...

Your tiny robins make me smile, Lee--and long for spring!!

Annette-California said...

Those birds are just Beautiful!!!
They do make me smile:)))
love Annette

gracie said...

Such wonderful stitching...beautiful little bird.

Thoeria said...

Really cute robins, Lee :)

Irene said...

il pettirosso! è bellissimo

KimM said...

These are so sweet - simply adorable!
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Three lovely robins, they do feature in a lot of UK magazines because they are so bright and cheerful compared to many of our more brownish birds.
Do youknow the story of how the Robin got his red breast?

Madtatter80 said...

Very sweet and love the book, what a wonderful idea of making the little robin differently for different appearances through out!