Saturday, July 12, 2014

GIFT FOR ANN

 
Friendship dwells in the heart where time and distance are unknown boundries.
 
 
 
I have just finished stitching Blackbird designs Topiary in Bloom on a small gift for Ann's birthday, Annette of California Stitcher had sent me the chart with all the needed threads, solving my problem of sorting out the correct colours, I stitched on 40 count Permin lambs wool and am so grateful that although my eyes struggle to recognise some colours I can still see to use my favourite fine linen I used the main part of the design for the front of the notebook cover I made, 
 
 
Stitched the two birds on the inside of the front cover, changing their position and  for the back cover I found a letter A that I could sit a small bird on top, this bird was taken from another Blackbird designs as was ( not shown) a border pattern stitched on the spine of the note book. Constuction for the cover it was stitched on one long piece of linen and back stitched down the edges were it was to turn in.I wrapped it round the book cover before whipping the edges together, this proved to be easier and neater than joining the cover up and then trying to put it on the notebook.
 
 
The gift was waiting for her when she arrived down to stay with me, Ann has come down to attend the Embroiderers Guild Conference which is in New Plymouth this weekend and then will spend some time here with me in the following week. Can you imagine all the embroidery talk that will go on while we sit by the fire and stitch. It is certainly sit by the fire weather, up north has been hit by a big storm and heavy rain , we had gale force wind yesterday and early this morning and rain but not to the extreme. I will brave the weather and go up to see the traders mall and guild displays at Conference this afternoon.


12 comments:

gracie said...

Just one more lovely stitched item from your hands

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm sure Ann will be touched by your beautiful stitched notebook cover and that you'll really enjoy her company. Annette of California Stitcher is so generous!

Anne said...

Beautiful notebook Lee and I know Ann will be so happy to receive it!!

Annette-California said...

Ann's gift you made her is Beautiful. Oh book turned out soo pretty Lee! Wishing you and Ann to have the best time together stitching and getting caught up on gossip oops I mean needlework news:)
love Annette

Smily-Света said...

I agree with you about friendship. My best friend lives in Kamchatka, it is almost 10 000 km from me.
And handmade gifts are really the best to shoe the warmth and love of your heart

cucki said...

Its so lovely my dear..truly so sweet.
I am sure anne will love it so much too..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Lovely work Lee. I love what you have created for you friend. Have a wonderful week. :)

KimM said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! What a lovely gift.
xxx

Merilde said...

What a lovely gift. Your friend Ann will be delighted. How fun to have a guild meeting and a friend to stay. Sitting by the fire and stitching sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

Pull the other thread said...

Fantastic gift and a wonderful finish.

Karoline said...

It's a beautiful needlecase

Evelyne said...

What a lovely needle case you made for your friend Ann.
I love the fated colours.
Nice gift Lee.

I know this is a late comment, that is because I was in The hospital for a while.

Have a nice time,
Evelyne