Monday, January 20, 2014

WEEKENDS UPDATE

“Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” Molière

 
My weekend was frustrating, how I will need patience in the months ahead. I started my stitching for IHSW with a lot of enthusiasm, I had previously some time ago sorted all the threads that came in the kit, carded them and wrote both the number and the symbol on the card, which I knew would be a help because as the cataract  has developed I knew I was at the stage where distinguishing between certain shades was a problem .  I am still fortunate that seeing and stitching on the fine linen is no problem but my downfall came after I had stitch an area to find I could not tell the difference in the threads I had just stitched, these soft and some what beautiful muted shades had all blended into one. I have also found it impossible to stitch soft toning's at night so that will limit a little what I stitch and when. However all is not lost, I can still stitch and I made a fresh start changing some of the colours a little....................... here is my small progress for the weekend on The Wool Gatherer by Shepherd's Bush .when next month's Hermit weekend comes around I will be better prepare to cope and enjoy..
 

 Before the weekend I finished stitching The Bee Keeper another Shepherd's bush design, this Kit came to me  from Annette at Christmas time  and I stitched with it Tending the Blooms one that I had previously stitched some time ago,  not yet mounted I think they will make a nice pair of floss ring tags


 I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend's stitching look forward to visiting blogs to see.
 
 
 

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty Lee. Yes it certainly is frustrating when you have vision problems I hope you can manage okay. Love the little SB stitches.

Vickie said...

Well that is a very pretty start. Nice colors together.
Those two together look great!

The Maiden said...

I love your Sheppard bush finishes, so cute!

Emma/Itzy said...

Bee Keeper is so sweet! :)

Tiffstitch said...

Very nice finishes, and a shame about the cataract causing such frustration.

Annette-California said...

The Wool Gatherer is looking beautiful. Can't tell you changed some colors, but happy to hear you made it work for you. Love getting to see the bee keeper and tending the blooms together. Both are wonderful. love Annette

Joysze said...

Lee, sorry to hear about the vision problems. :( Do you have to wait to get surgery for the cataracts till they're "ripe?" Both my dad and FIL are at that stage. :(

I can totally see how frustrating it is to not be able to see the shade differences when you're excited about stitching. :( That said, both your pieces look beautiful! :D

Kate said...

Hopefully your vision can be helped, but kudos to you for finding a way around it! Your stitching is beautiful!

Anne said...

Beautiful stitching!! I hope your vision can be helped. My right eye is worse cataracts than left, but as you, I can still stitch on 28ct :) Happy Stitching!! :)

Anne said...

Wonderful stitching Lee!! I'm glad you can still stitch and see your linen. Sweet little chart from dear Annette.