Friday, December 13, 2013

SHARING A SECRET

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories
and love of kindred, and we are better
 throughout the year for having, in spirit,
become a child again at Christmas-time
~Laura Ingalls Wilder
 

This cheerful little owl was my messenger to reveal all to my secret friend, knowing Lyn likes Owls I thought he was a perfect messenger and fun to stitch. ( he is a free design found here you need to scroll down the page a wee way.)  I can now share with you what I stitched for an earlier secret friends challenge 'the theme was Pansies and it was a real challenge to stitch something that would not be a give away to who I was, so I kept to cross stitch which all our group do, My tiny pansy decorated a pin keep, and of course I could not show it on my blog till now as that would give the secret away.
 
The last stitching friends challenge was to stitch a tiny Christmas stocking for your exchange partner, I showed the one I stitched in an earlier posting, here is the one I received from Lyn hanging on my Christmas tree, the colours are just prefect to go with my tree theme thank you Lyn.
 
 
 
 I am designing a new Christmas bird this year but it will take a while till I have something to show, I found the disadvantage of living in a small town and limited craft shopping to be had, my sister is arriving from Napier today to visit but unfortunately I was not organised enough to have her shop for me before she left. I have a trip across there next year and with two very good Needlework shops think I need to start making my list now. meanwhile I found  Snowflower Diaries new design Winter Witch and just has to stitch it. Its a free design and really cute having started I know I will now have to stitch all four witches if you have not seen it yet,  you will find it here
 
 My tree is up and I will post photos of it later

3 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching...

Annette-California said...

The owl ornament is so cute. Beautiful pansy pinkeep you made. And beautiful stocking you received.
Winter Witch is very darling - looking forward to seeing your progress. Have a great visit with your sister.
love and hugs Annette

Chris said...

What lovely smalls. I know that your exchange partners will love them.
Thanks for sharing the links!