This is my Wonton Pincushion completed for a recent Stitching Friends Challenge, the idea came from a page from an unknown magazine found in a scrapbook of ideas lent to me by another embroiderer. Here is the original instructions....
It was intended to hold potpourri however for our challenge we made a firm padded base to place inside that was stuffed with sheep's wool. My base had a 4cm square of firm card on the bottom then a good size pad os sheeps wool and to hold everything in place I used a stretch bandage, it worked great. The outer covering is made separately, embroidered and held in place with the ribbon tie which was threaded through the eyelets.... it needed to be a firm fit.
Simple to make and any form of embroidery could be used to decorate it. I am now looking forward to seeing what my exchange partner has done and will share with you when it arrives. I have had a phone call to say my piece has arrived safely and delighted the reciever.
I have finished and mounted my little Rabbit. and now moved on to completing a similar piece started some years ago with a certain exhibition in mind but when the criteria came out it saddly did not meet the requirements and was put aside. hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be able to show that one to you. Both have been stitched as slips then cut out edges turned under and mounted onto another piece of fabric. Its a very useful method and one I also use for my bird pictures. Big advantage is that if the stitched pieces does not go well you can start agin without having to start the whole piece of work again.