Saturday, April 21, 2012

IHSW....

Its IHSW again and my stitching plans were changed when a family request came... could I put the hem back up on Caitlin's kilt, school uniform and needed for Monday! I found last term the hem had come down and double side tape was used to keep it in place, I might add it had done a pretty good job. Well it now re stitched, I was taught to use herringbone stitch on heavy fabrics so stitching it was not a problem but do you know how much fabric there is round the hem of a kilt.
That done I have decided to stitch La D Da "Yellow Bird which I started while away last weekend."Here's how much I had managed to do....

Back at the end of the weekend to report my progress. Caitlin is coming in tomorrow afternoon so we will be both be stitching birds together , she is working on another blackwork bird.
Till then Happy stitching

8 comments:

Annette-California said...

OH LEE! Yellow bird is looking so breautiful. Those pleated skirts or as you say kilts, are very loooong. Love your progress:)

Vickie said...

Yellow Bird is lovely. I cannot wait to find out what Caitlin is stitching. :)

gracie said...

I have thought about getting and stitching this one...I am looking forward to seeing your Yellow Bird complete.

pam said...

How fun to have stitching company!

Carol said...

Wonderful new start, Lee... enjoy Caitlin's visit. Can't wait to see her latest blackwork :)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Very beautiful bird

bisous de FRANCE

Anne said...

Beautiful start!! Love the colour you chose...ooh Gloriana silks!!!

Joysze said...

How did the hemming go? :)