Monday, July 20, 2009

WINTER'S REWARDS


The extremely cold winter has brought some rewards,I have three small clumps of English Snowdrops flowering at present. This is the most blooms I have ever had.
Possibly the cold weather has suited them.
Unfortunately I have not been able to get a photo as I cannot get close enough with my digital camera - I miss not having macro lens.
I thought this quote quite appropriate -
"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy
places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size."

- Gertrude S. Wister

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lee, I came across your site over ems. Your flower album are just great. I also love to stitch flowers and bird´s. I live in germany where the winter´s are also very cold. But not as cold as your´s. I hope you enjoy stitching for many more years.
Sincerly
Hildegard
diestickstube@t-online.de