Tuesday, December 15, 2020

THE OTHER HOUSE

Wednesday was a day of memories, mostly happy treasured ones. It was 8 years since Paul died and I am ever grateful and blessed for all the years we shared together. Fiona was here, as Wednesday mornings is the time each week when we get together to stitch, however no stitching this time, instead I  opened up the dolls house.. the real one for her to visit.

My dolls house is a large to scale late Victorian house which Paul built for me in the 1990's and together we decorated and furnished it.



It has been a while since I opened up the dolls house, turned the lights on and visited with the family that live there. Looking at all the furnishings  I was reminded of all the planning and time Paul and I had spent together bringing this house of my dreams into reality. Fiona and I
spent quite a while enjoying the house and its contents, I really must do that more often

I have posted more details about it a few years ago on my other blog the other side of the mountain if you would like to see more follow the link here  there are several postings showing close up photos.

Mt Christmas stitching is almost completed I will share photos when I next post. meanwhile I hope your Christmas plans will not be to changed by the covid impact on the world.



3 comments:

Gabi said...

How wonderful. Would like to be a kid again and play with it. Wonderful.
Have a merry Christmas.

Vickie said...

Oh Lee! I just spent a half an hour examining all the pictures and sharing them with my husband and daughter. Just amazing what you and Paul accomplished. GORGEOUS!!! A real treasure!

gracie said...

Hard to rlemember that it has been 8 years for you. For me, it is 3 and I still miss Dennis everyday. I love the Doll House and loved when you featured it on your other blog. Thank you for reminding me so I will pop over to visit.