Tuesday, November 24, 2020

THE DOLL'S HOUSE


 This has been my project during the past month, Paul and I bought this dolls house for daughter Jan when she was about 3 years of age that makes it 51 years ago, some of the original furniture had survived and the rest was from the second era for the house when about 22 years later we repainted and refurnished the house for Jan's daughters .At that time a sixth room was added by making it possible to open the roof and put the attic space to use.  We wallpapered  the rooms added carpets and some "Sylvanian  family"furniture. Now Rachel and Caitlin have decided to pass the house on to their small cousin,  We have seen photos of Eve at playgroup  enjoying the dolls house there, I am sure she is going to love having one of her own.


The master bedroom and the lounge   there was very little to do in these two rooms. I have only re upholstered the lounge suit.


Up stairs on the other side of the  house the bathroom is all original furniture While the nursery has all new furniture. below the kitchen dinning room has quite a mixture  of  old, very old and new.


The new family moving into the house this time is the Sylvianan Cat Family. 

When these arrived I realised we had more animals than beds so a new set of twin beds had to be added to the attic.


The house has gone to Wellington and its new owner, I have kept this records so that I can  add more items when sending gifts to my littlest granddaughter. Because of her age some of the smallest items like plates cups and food have been held back for later.

The Guild Challenge
 The guild challenge was to dress a peg doll for display at the Christmas party here are the ones I have not been able to show till now. This is my favourite "The Lady" Her dress has bulluion stitch roses down the front and the hem is edged with buttonhole loops. The cloak is cream silk lined with deeop red silk  and has a stiffened Elizabethan style collar and the headgear is from even early period in history.

The my next favourite of my designs is my witch which is on an earlier posting and then there
is St Lucia(from Sweden)  with her crown topped with candles.

and my snow queen

I took a photo on the evening but realised afterwards thee were 4 that were added later, but all in all it was a great project and quite varied selection 

 it was judged by popular vote and the winner was Helen's Strawberry doll. don't you just love the hat.



Maree has another fun project for the beginning of the year, I look forward to sharing that too. Meanwhile it's back to the Christmas stitching this year its a stocking for Ronan, Caitlin and I have talked about the design and i have the same background fabric I used for Finn and Eve's stockings.









3 comments:

Vickie said...

What a fabulous dollhouse! I imagine many, many hours of play have been spent with this! And many, many more to come with your little granddaughter. The peg dolls are all delightful.

فاتن الصاوي said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabi said...

Oooh how lovely. It brings back memories from my childhood.
Have a happy time.
Greetings