Tuesday, June 2, 2020

1 a MONTH CLUB for JUNE

The decorations for April and May have finally been collected now that we have moved to Level 2 here in NZ, and here is June's decoration ready for collection. I made some similar decorations a few years ago and was pleased with how they looked so decided the shape was worth repeating.             

Of the previous three shown here the dove was my favourite however I did a new design using glitter felt for the background behind the bird. Had planned red beads for the berries but hen the time came I had none the right size or colour  and of course all the shops were shut owing to Covid-19 so French knots it was. 





My two small boys both have birthdays this month, first great grandson Ronan will be 1 yrs  old on the 6th, and grandson Finn will be turning 4 on the 11th. I was asked to paint some letters to make a name plate for Ronan's gift. We were able to buy wooden letters and they came already painted white, Caitlin asked for jungle animals to be the theme and I must admit it is a few years since I had my paint brushes in action, it was fun although I must admit more practice first would have helped.


Jan and I will be icing the birthday cake and we are doing a Winnie the Pooh theme, I have started modelling some of the pieces, will share with you after the weekend. Finn's gift is being stitched and is work in progress.

Hope everyone is keeping well and keeping safe in this very topsy turvey world.


1 comment:

gracie said...

I lo9ve the ornaments and the letters. Well done.