Tuesday, July 12, 2011

GIFT FOR ANN

Ann and I both stitch the same sorts of things , we are always sharing new ideas or bouncing thoughts from one to the other, so when it came to deciding what to stitch for her special birthday, it was hard to find a small item to stitch that she would not have seen. I finally settled for a scissor holder, quite different, I used the basic idea and added my own choice of designs. It was the type of mounting that
appealed to me about this piece.

Living in a small country town means limited embroidery supplies here, I have the full range of DMC but other threads I have to send away for. Sherelyn of Heirlooms in  Napier sent me a selection of silks to choose from, that was hard they were all so lovely.      I chose the Thread Gather silk Thread Dried Roses for the satin stitch diamonds round the edge and  with it DMC 3726 , I would like to use this combination again sometime as I was pleased with the result.
You may recognise the design on the pocket, I have shown it sometime ago stitched on a Thread Tag, I reversed the pattern so it would be facing the correct way to fit on the pocket.

 I am about to go to Junior Embroiderers group, they are all busy working on their pieces for the coming Regional Exhibition. Most of them are doing Blackwork, we did a piece of blackwork earlier in the year and it was great to see how well they coped stitching it. I also have a group of Ladies who travel down from New Plymouth once a month to study with me, mostly count thread work and currently some of them are stitching my blackwork sampler. Will share photos of this soon of that sampler which I am happy to share with others.

.

11 comments:

Patty C. said...

Absolutely beautiful -

butterfly said...

Oh what a beautiful gift for your friend,nice work

Lynn B said...

Lee this is gorgeous, I love the colour and the way you have finished this!

Annie said...

What a clever idea. I love the design and the finishing technique. Bet your friend has never had a gift like that!

Teresa said...

The scissor holder is just beautiful.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Evelyne said...

Hi Lee, it's a beautiful scissor holder.Ann will love it,i'm score.
kind regards, Evelyne

Hippywitch said...

Just beautiful!

Mouse said...

ooooo that is so lovely :) what a neat idea that is :) love mouse xxxx

Lynn B said...

Hi Lee,

Your beautiful giveaway gifts arrived at my house today and they literally took my breath away! How beautiful they are and so exquisitely stitched and finished, I absolutely love what you have made for me and I am thrilled with them. Everything is just so perfect, the bullion roses are just divine and the finishing on the heart is just perfect. I am loving the pomegranate, it was so sweet of you to make me that too! The little bag is just gorgeous, again so perfectly stitched and last but not least the lovely notebook and cover, you have spoilt me Lee!
They will be placed in my glass needlework cupboard perfectly displayed for all to see!
I particularly appreciate the work that you have put into making these, they must have taken hours to do, I will treasure them always.

I tried to email you privately but the link did not work on your profile, I don't know if that was my computer or your link?

I will place the photos on my blog tomorrow for all to see, I am sure my readers will love them all!

Kind regards

Lynn B

Akila said...

Lee, this so beautiful. Such an innovative way of making a scissor keep - have never seen anything like this really.
As you say, the colours go really well.

Solstitches said...

What a gorgeous gift. Your work is very special indeed.
Margaret