Monday, January 9, 2023

Family Time


  I spent Christmas Day  with Jan and family and then a few days later Barryn, Jackie and family arrived to stay and were here till after new year. New Year’s Eve we all gathered at Jan’s, very special to have all my family together at one time. My two children, ( their partners) four grandchildren and one great grandchild. These are my littlest ones Great grand son Ronan (in the red top )  is three and a half  Finn is six and half and Eve turned 5 on the 5th January, we did get a photo with the two older grandchildren Caitlin and Rachel ( both in their 20's)  but taken later and the light was poor and has not come out clear enough to share. \

 My computer is back up and running again thanks to Rachel. and so I can get a longer post done. 

I had two tree up  for Christmas and Jan 

and I packed the big one away this morning, getting a 7 foot tree was a great idea but I did not allow for the fact that it is too heavy for me to manage. Still it was worth is I really enjoyed the tree and all the memories the decorations brought.
The second tree was the little one that I have on the table by my chair all the time  It had small white birds as the main decoration for Christmas time  and now has the Alice and Wonderland collection on it. I plan to add more Characters to this set, but as always I have more plans of what I want to stitch then time to get everything planned done!!

My one a month challenge to myself this year is to stitch some felt pears so that in the future a theme for the little tree could be a Partridge in a pear tree. I have completed the first one but no photos yet. 12 pears would make a nice set if I can manage to do one a month for this year. 
I have another tree planned for the dolls, thought it would be fun to do an Easter egg tree, for when I decorate my little tree for Easter. Ordered a small tree and its expected arrival should have been the end of January but surprise it arrived last week.  And inspiration hit me and I  have started making items to do a valentine theme with the dolls and have a heart tree in the photos. Don't think their will be new dresses for this project as their Christmas dress look lovely with the things I have put together so far. 

Last photo from 2022 here are Rosie and Poppy with their Christmas stockings  the stockings have cross stitch designs on 40 count linen.


I hope you have had a good start to the new year and may 2023 bring many blessings.
-

 




















3 comments:

Heather Williamson said...

Lee
What a lovely time you had over Christmas and New Year with family.
And 2023 has given stitching projects already.
Look forward to seeing them on your blog.
Heather

Vickie said...

That is a darling photo of you and the grands!
Love the tiny stockings for Rosie and Poppy. :)

Akila said...

What a cute picture with your grandchildren! Love your idea of having a tree all round the year and changing the look