Thursday, November 21, 2019

ON THE TREE

Last Saturday was church fair and I used my small tree to display the Christmas decorations, did not get a photo as when it was all set up the light was wrong, however the stall was a great success and I exceeded my target by a further $100.
Yesterday while the tree was still empty I put Caitlin’s decoration on my small tree and are thrilled how great the simple colour theme looks against the dark green of the tree.


The new ones I have stitched are the mouse and the bunny both of these are my designs, missing is the owl that is still in Caitlin's sewing bag from last months guild meeting!I think we need a few more and maybe this year they all might be on my tree as Ronan is too tiny to even know what Christmas trees are..

I have started work on Eve's Christmas stocking, have cut out all the pieces and laid them out ready to start stitching, I prefer to buttonhole stitch round all the pieces before stitching them onto the background. The background fabric is the same as I used for Finn's stocking.


A trip to The felt factory is planned for Friday, and I have lots of new ideas to be stitched,  specially for next year' s... One a Month Club. but more on this later.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I am not surprised at your great success Lee! You obviously enjoy working with the felt very much. Your creations are so adorable.

Naomi Old said...

Your little creatureas are gorgeous. So like the detail of them.

Rhona said...

Your felt creatures are gorgeous. Love the stocking you are making too.

Ash Green said...

Wow :)
This is an incredible collection of ideas!
Waiting for more helpful pieces.
You would amazing to read a similar one here-
https://mountainbikelabs.com/