Tuesday, August 10, 2010

YELLOW DAPHNE

Its not truly a yellow daphne, although that is one of the common names given to the lovely shrub, Edgeworthia  papyrifera, it is also known as Chinese Paper Bush. This year the weather has been kind to our bush and it is making a lovely display by the letterbox. So often when it flowers the weather is wet and it destroys these lovely blooms.


My thoughts are running to design and I would like to stitch something using these flowers as my design, the hardest part will possibly be finding the right colours in threads, nature has her own colour pallet and DMC does not always provide a match. I have gotten as far as tea dying a piece of linen for the background. It might take a while but I promise to show the result when it is finished.

Here is the close up I will use for my design, taken inside the colour are not quite as deep as they should be the outdoor shots are better colourwise..

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a lovely flower, Lee--I do hope you can figure out the DMC colors to use for your design. I've never seen anything quite like it.

And what a darling cottage you have--love that white picket fence surrounding it!

Moreen said...

I have just found your blog through a link from Carol at stitching dreams and I have spent a most enjoyable time looking at your wonderful work - it is very beautiful I will definitly be back now that I have found you.