Thursday, November 26, 2009

MORE WESSEX STITCHERY

Every now and then as an embroidery tutor one has that special student that is not only a pleasure to teach but whose work stands out head and shoulders above the rest.
Today's such student was an 8 year old, The project was using star stitch to create a Christmas tree and  in a group of 5 children her work stood out above the rest for her neat stitching and the amount she completed in the hours class.
I mention this because I want to share with you some work by another embroiderer. Jocelyn was in my first Wessex Stitchery class in the mid 1990's, she has gone on to create many, many pieces in Wessex stitchery but also to share this embroidery with many others throught her classes. This week when I received an email from England for more information on Wessex Stitchery I contact Jocelyn and she was happy to share some of her work with you.
Her Hussif shows many of the different stitch patterns that form Wessex Stitchery I will try and add "How to" for some of the patterns in the next few days.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Thank you Lee. I am looking forward to seeing the Wessex Stitchery as I am unable to get a book on it in England, although I am still trying. Jocelyns work looks really lovely.

Sally

IraSmir said...

The super! Excellent work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee

You will be pleased to hear that I have now been able to get the book Wessex Stitchery. The only thing is I haven't looked at it yet as it's a christmas present from my husband. Will comment on it once I've been allowed to look at it. Thank you for all your help and I will keep in touch and let you know how I get on.
Best Wishes
Sally