Tuesday, February 11, 2020

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS..........



I decide to do a valentine’s posting of some of the hearts I have stitched since I started blogging I have however there is , a problem as the photos wont stay were I want them, so I invite you to enjoy them as they are.



This blackwork heart has a pocket on the back to hold a pair of scissors, a favourite design i have stitched several times in different colours, some of the others are further down!!!!!! ( and wont come up as much as I try!)

The pulled thread heart on the needle book was stitched then added to the cross stitch background.  The little scissor fob hearts on the right are on hand died linen using raspberry tea bags. Different variations of these have been stitched over the years some with bullion stitch roses like the ones below below. 





This one is a Reticello stitched rose on a hardanger heart.



and here are the rebels that wont sit and stay were I want them , background stitching is black work


I have enjoyed stitching different blackwork designs over the years, it all started with a blackwork Owl way back in 1982 and today I am stitching Peppermint purple's blackwork SAL with Caitlin on Sunday afternoons. here is the first week completed.

Hope your week is going well with lots of stitching time.

6 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh what fun I have had visiting your hearts today they are so beautiful and inspiring to see. You are smart to post before so people and try to make some befor Valentine's day ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฆ‹

Vickie said...

Oh my Lee! I remember these lovely hearts! They are so gorgeous! Your blackwork SAL is so lovely. How wonderful that you and Caitlin are doing it together!

Cathy said...

Your hearts are beautiful even if they won't stay where you want them to. I love the border on the blackwork SAL. So simple and yet it works.

gracie said...

Each heart is beautiful....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.