Monday, September 16, 2019

BUTTONS

From Desley in Australia more buttons arrived last week, and when I should be stitching other things, I could not wait to open the packets and examine the selection inside.  I am now trying to just stitch Christmas decorations one afternoon a week there is already a good collection in the boxes  ready for the Church  Fair in November and for the small stall I will do at Jan's school  next month. The problem is I still have ideas I want to stitch and I have a
new idea being planned  for next year, more about that later.

 


From this latest collection of buttons I have made this decorated star using silver glitter felt, I was pleased with the result and will make more like this.

The ones below are using buttons that Desley sent over in her previous parcel. The background is the white glitter felt with a bead edge, theses beads came already strung on a thread making sewing them on quick and easy.. Heart shapes were popular sales last year so hope they will be this year too.


Tomorrow Fiona. Maree and I are visiting the Felt factory in Inglewood again along with felt she stocks DMC threads so I have quite a long shopping list. Hopefully I will get another update posted before the end of the month , Caitlin and I have started a new project together and I need to get some photos taken first.

3 comments:

Annette-California said...

You had a good Happy Mail day. A shopping trip for stitching goodies sounds wonderful.
Have fun!

Vickie said...

Yes! I love the brand Dress It Up! So many varieties! I love your creations Lee!

gracie said...

Wonderful ornaments and buttons!