Thursday, August 15, 2019

NOTES FOR AUGUST

Here is the work in progress earlier in the month, I had not thought of foxes for Christmas tree decorations as we don't get foxes here but in conversation with some stitching friends they both liked the idea and so I took up the challenge to create some woodland animals. This is the result... with the next design in my woodland animal collection, a squirrel . I plan to do the squirrel again in plain felt not sure about the marble felt.


Monday's post brought a lovely parcel from Australia, I had received a message from a blog reader, Desley wrote that she found some real bargains in the Spotlight store and thought of my stitching for the stall at the Church Fair. It took a while for the parcel at arrive but worth the wait as the craft buttons she sent had me immediately thinking of  decoration designs I could do.   This is the selection she sent, I am so very thrilled as the last ones I bought the price has increased so much I only bought one packet, and these were all at sale price. Thank you Desley for thinking of me when you saw the buttons. already I have used some, I could not wait to get started.
 The colours of this set of buttons are so perfect for the tartan fabric I had., and there is more fun stitching to be had so will post more pictures later of my progress



Meanwhile I must get back to my other stitching there has been no progress on the Etui for Eve, fortunately she is only 8 months old so its really being stitched for the future, I had planned to put it in the Regional exhibition but the deadline for entries is coming up fast so other plans might be needed.

The snow is well down on the mountain so I am off to stitch by the fire.






                                                                                                               






4 comments:

gracie said...

Those critters are adorable.

Rhona said...

Your little felt animals are wonderful!

Madtatter80 said...

Always wonderful to see your designs, I love sewing felt and your wonderful fox and squirrel! hugs from Carollyn!

Rachel S-H said...

Those little foxes and the squirrel are adorable.