Tuesday, April 5, 2016

FLOWERS FOR JAN

Little treasures from my garden............stitched for Jan 2016

some time since I posted progress on the flowers I have been stitching for Jan, last time was August,  Jan's request has been to have the little flowers I stitch that remind her so much of her Grandmother my mother,
Here is the bottom pocket, the stitching of it was full of happy memories for me each of the different flowers had their own story, some because of remembering in my childhood the waiting for a flower bud like the snowdrop to appear each year, there were only a couple of bulbs but they were very precious., others because like dianthus Mary in the centre was my own design charted from my drawing and first stitched with a flower of the arm of my chair for inspiration. 
This is the front of the needle book and here below are the pieces layer out ready for putting together. In total I managed to include 15 different flowers, there were a few more I thought of but did not use as I did not find the right spot to put them in.


Inside the needle book is the quote.....
The stitcher with needle 'n thread,  She plies the art of making beauty for the heart.

Blue is Jan's favourite colour, the blue silk that is the inside of the hussif came from Annette in America and is just perfect. Because the outer fabric is very blue I have changed the blue tones of the harebells which are on most of the accessories tucked in the pockets. I have also used several tiny bees and lady birds charms these and the lovely butterfly charm by the floss ring are Susan Clarke charms from America I love them and. know of two shops here in NZ who stock them.

 
The outer fabric could be forget-me-nots  certainly makes me think of Chatham Island Forget-me-nots that my mother grew years ago in our garden way down south. Jan's birthday was a special mile stone,  her 50th and the hussif has now been delivered  to her. I'm still stitching harebells as I want to share them with a friend.

 Thank you to all who left a comment about my latest Scissor fob. the challenge now to find the next idea possibly mount it differently and have it ready in a months time




12 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Lee! What an amazing creation - your gift is truly a work of art!

Unknown said...

Great to see it truly finished Lee. What a lot of lovely memories for you both.
I know Jan will just love using it. Well done indeed.

CalamityJr said...

So beautiful, and even more special with all the memories.

Blu said...

It's so pretty!

Madtatter80 said...

I love needle books and fun to see the beautiful flowers!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh, this is so beautiful. It must have given you such pleasure to stitch and finish. It is a real heirloom. Irene xx

Carol said...

What a lucky lady, Jan is!! Your work is so beautiful, Lee!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lee, what a beautiful piece of work. love all of the flowers.

Anna Zont said...

So beautiful work!

Annette-California said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you made for Jan! It's the meaning of what it represents with all the special beautiful flowers, you stitching it, Mary, and her grandmother is represented there and even a tiny bit of me - LOL!
What a lovely quote! Another masterpiece Lee! Belated Happy Birthday to Jan! love Annette

Our photos said...

Beautiful your work!
Suzi

http://suzi7.blogspot.nl/

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.