Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MY IHSW WEEKEND

Well after I finished stitching round that long hem on Caitlin's kilt I did manage some more stitching on Yellow Bird. Here is my prgress before I found I had a mistake and had to do some frogging!  It is a lovely design and I am enjoying stitching it, have plans to of what I will make it up into but meanwhile that cant be shared, however all will be revealed at a later date.

Is anyone else interested in stitching this La D da design? I am happy to make it a travelling pattern when I  finish and send it on its way for others to enjoy. please post a comment  and let me know if you are interested. Short posting tonight will try and get back later in the weekl and share my visit to Wellington with you.




 
 Here is Caitlin stitching on her piece and making good progress. She was here stitching on Sunday  and came home after Junior Embroiderers today and is staying over night so we will both be having a stitching session in the morning. Happy stitching everyone.

10 comments:

gracie said...

Caitlin looks so intent..... I love the pattern.... count me in.

Chris said...

So nice to share your stitching with Caitlin.
I love this pattern but I think it is in my stash :)

Mouse said...

that is so nice to see the youngsters stitching :)
would love to join in a TP with this one have just stitched the bird in hand for a prezzie and loved it too :)
love mouse xxxx

Vickie said...

I love your picture of Caitlin, Lee. My thirteen year old Madeleine has a small amount of interest in stitching. I try not to push hard. I am hoping she keeps that interest always. :)

pam said...

How fun to be able to stitch with your granddaughter. I am sure she will have a lifelong love of needle work too. Yellow Bird is lovely

Joysze said...

Love the picture of Caitlin. :D Yellow Bird is looking beautiful. I'm sorry you had to frog some. :(

Bea said...

Yellow Bird looks like a great pattern. And how nice to see a young person stitching!

Lisa V said...

I have always wanted to stitch Yellow Bird, so yes I would love to be included in a travelling pattern with you.
I am in Perth, Western Australia so not too far over the pond from you. hehe
Thanks

Pam said...

I agree Yellow Bird is the perfect take-along. Yours is coming along beautifully and I love the floss. My Yellow Bird is actually blue. ;) How wonderful for you to stitch with your granddaughter!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your Yellow Bird WIP is lovely and it's so nice to see a youngster stitching!