Tuesday, October 6, 2009

AND WHAT THE POST MAN BROUGHT TO ME




I have received the most exciting packet in the mail from Australia, my stitch group's challenge was to make a pin keeper on the theme of the alphabet.  Esther has stitched one for me on 40 count permin linen and stitched over 1 thread with one strand of DMC cotton.  It is truly exquisite, a real treasure, unfortunatly the photo does not show how neatly it was put together, and the quote on the back is- What is this life if so full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.


3 comments:

Annie said...

What a gorgeous piece. I just love the detail. Of course, it hurts my eyes just to thinking about 40 ct over one!

Carol said...

Oh, Lee--how lucky are you to be the recipient of such a beautiful piece of stitching!

Joan said...

Looks like a real gem. Looking forward to seeing all the detail when I visit you in a couple of weeks time.